How do you encode movies?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: How do you encode movies?

Post  Dopeboy on Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:04 am

TASman wrote:Forget sony if you have XP.I'm going to ask for a Win7 laptop for Christmas,and it's like 2 months away.
The OS has nothing to do with Sony Vegas functionally; CPU and RAM affect it the most. For instance, if your CPU is too weak it will make your encodes a lot longer, and if your RAM is low it may cause the PC to lockup. So if your going to encode lots of video's you should get a quad-core laptop. The only downside is they're pretty expensive. When I encode in HD with Vegas it usually uses 80 - high 90"s on my CPU.

I'll break it down here:

Say you have this program using 100% of a single-core CPU. It would look like this.

Single-core 100% not enough room to run other programs;
Dual-core 50% might be able to run another program atop of the current running program;
Quad-core 25% might be able to run two or three programs atop of the current running program;


avatar
Dopeboy
Little Goomba
Little Goomba

Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 27
Location : United States

https://www.youtube.com/user/Dopeboy175

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you encode movies?

Post  TASman on Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:15 am

Dopeboy wrote:
TASman wrote:Forget sony if you have XP.I'm going to ask for a Win7 laptop for Christmas,and it's like 2 months away.
The OS has nothing to do with Sony Vegas functionally; CPU and RAM affect it the most. For instance, if your CPU is too weak it will make your encodes a lot longer, and if your RAM is low it may cause the PC to lockup. So if your going to encode lots of video's you should get a quad-core laptop. The only downside is they're pretty expensive. When I encode in HD with Vegas it usually uses 80 - high 90"s on my CPU.

I'll break it down here:

Say you have this program using 100% of a single-core CPU. It would look like this.

Single-core 100% not enough room to run other programs;
Dual-core 50% might be able to run another program atop of the current running program;
Quad-core 25% might be able to run two or three programs atop of the current running program;


Yes I know that is my pc. It takes long but I do it anyway.OK?
avatar
TASman
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-06-20
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you encode movies?

Post  TASman on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:37 pm

To:mariofan437
How do you make Sony Vegas movies 480p?
avatar
TASman
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-06-20
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you encode movies?

Post  Dopeboy on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:08 pm

TASman wrote:To:mariofan437
How do you make Sony Vegas movies 480p?
You should save it as MPEG-2, and select DVD NTSC as your template.
avatar
Dopeboy
Little Goomba
Little Goomba

Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 27
Location : United States

https://www.youtube.com/user/Dopeboy175

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you encode movies?

Post  TASman on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:21 pm

[quote="Dopeboy"]
TASman wrote:To:mariofan437
How do you make Sony Vegas movies 480p?
You should save it as MPEG-2
In Vegas?
avatar
TASman
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-06-20
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you encode movies?

Post  Dopeboy on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:53 pm

[quote="TASman"]
Dopeboy wrote:
TASman wrote:To:mariofan437
How do you make Sony Vegas movies 480p?
You should save it as MPEG-2
In Vegas?
Yes in Vegas.
avatar
Dopeboy
Little Goomba
Little Goomba

Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 27
Location : United States

https://www.youtube.com/user/Dopeboy175

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you encode movies?

Post  Tomatobird8 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:06 am

And i'm just fine with WMM. Razz
avatar
Tomatobird8
Admin
Admin

Posts : 100
Join date : 2010-03-17
Age : 22
Location : Finland

http://tb8s.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you encode movies?

Post  TASman on Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:48 pm

Yeah m33 t00
avatar
TASman
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-06-20
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you encode movies?

Post  TASman on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:57 am

I use Sony! USE IT!
avatar
TASman
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-06-20
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you encode movies?

Post  Tomatobird8 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:01 am

I WONT USE SONY VEGAS PRO 8! NEVEEERR
avatar
Tomatobird8
Admin
Admin

Posts : 100
Join date : 2010-03-17
Age : 22
Location : Finland

http://tb8s.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you encode movies?

Post  TASman on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:17 pm

avatar
TASman
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-06-20
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you encode movies?

Post  Tomatobird8 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:03 pm

I STILL WONT USE IT! IT DOES NOT WORK ON MY COMPUTER!
avatar
Tomatobird8
Admin
Admin

Posts : 100
Join date : 2010-03-17
Age : 22
Location : Finland

http://tb8s.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you encode movies?

Post  TASman on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:52 pm

mariofan437 wrote:No! Don't use WMM! Use either Sony Vegas or watch this Ask me any questions like the crop size etc. I'll know them Smile

Can you give me a 640:480 HD crop script? If I use it, it will crop, but it won't be HD.
avatar
TASman
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-06-20
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you encode movies?

Post  Dopeboy on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:11 am

Can you give me a 640:480 HD crop script? If I use it, it will crop, but it won't be HD.
Of course it won't be in HD because 640 by 480 isn't an HD resolution. For HD you need at least 1280 x 720.

avatar
Dopeboy
Little Goomba
Little Goomba

Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 27
Location : United States

https://www.youtube.com/user/Dopeboy175

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you encode movies?

Post  TASman on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:44 am

avatar
TASman
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-06-20
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you encode movies?

Post  TASman on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:43 am

Dopeboy wrote:
Can you give me a 640:480 HD crop script? If I use it, it will crop, but it won't be HD.
Of course it won't be in HD because 640 by 480 isn't an HD resolution. For HD you need at least 1280 x 720.

What about if I have 960x720?
avatar
TASman
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-06-20
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you encode movies?

Post  Tomatobird8 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:21 pm

TASman wrote:
Dopeboy wrote:
Can you give me a 640:480 HD crop script? If I use it, it will crop, but it won't be HD.
Of course it won't be in HD because 640 by 480 isn't an HD resolution. For HD you need at least 1280 x 720.

What about if I have 960x720?
If you have 4:3 resolution, try 960x720.
avatar
Tomatobird8
Admin
Admin

Posts : 100
Join date : 2010-03-17
Age : 22
Location : Finland

http://tb8s.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you encode movies?

Post  Dopeboy on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:53 am

Tomatobird8 wrote:
TASman wrote:
Dopeboy wrote:
Can you give me a 640:480 HD crop script? If I use it, it will crop, but it won't be HD.
Of course it won't be in HD because 640 by 480 isn't an HD resolution. For HD you need at least 1280 x 720.

What about if I have 960x720?
If you have 4:3 resolution, try 960x720.
It still won't work, you need at least 1280 x 720 as I said on my last post in this topic.
avatar
Dopeboy
Little Goomba
Little Goomba

Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 27
Location : United States

https://www.youtube.com/user/Dopeboy175

Back to top Go down

Another way?

Post  Walkthrough149 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:08 am

Er....I don't know if this'll be any help, but try this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrSL6iO5nfA

Walkthrough149
Little Goomba
Little Goomba

Posts : 11
Join date : 2011-03-08
Age : 19

https://www.youtube.com/walkthrough149

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you encode movies?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum